5 Ways to Protect Your Hair from Heat Damage
You may know that heat isn’t the best thing for natural hair, but what if it is the only way to maintain the style you want? Let’s consider 5 ways to protect your hair from heat damage that may occur when using beauty tools like a blow dryer or a straightening iron.
1. Use a Protectant – When you are going to use a styling tool that involves heat, you should always start by applying a protectant. They don’t block 100% of the damage, but it is better than nothing.
2. Reduce the Heat – Know what the minimum temperature is that can create the style you want and stick to it. Try to stay below 200 degrees if possible. If you have very thick hair, stay under 300.
3. Straighten Sparingly – Straightening is really harsh on your hair. Try to find styles for natural hair that don’t require the iron. If you can reduce straightening your hair to just once per month, it will suffer a lot less damage than it would from weekly styling.
4. Follow Up with Hydration – Hydrating hair masks can help to replenish hair that has suffered heat damage. Protein treatments are particularly good for helping heat damaged hair to get some of its elasticity back.
5. Protect Your Style – You can style your hair less frequently if you protect your do. Wearing a satin-lined beanie to be is a great way to wake up to the same sexy style you went to bed with.
Lightweight Beanies, Caps, and Headbands from SatinSmart
From beanies to embroidered, adjustable baseball caps, SatinSmart has a satin-lined hat that will match your personal taste and help to maintain your style. The satin lining won’t catch on your hair or wick away the moisture as cotton would. To learn more, check out our Shop page. You can also ask questions on our official Twitter account.
5 Ways to Protect Your Hair from the Sun
Summer may be almost over, but that doesn’t mean you should stop trying to protect your hair from the sun. Powerful UV rays can dry hair out and damage it, causing hair to split and break easily. If you want to work proactively to avoid sun-damaged hair, here are 5 important things you can do.
1. Use a Hair Mask – In order to maintain moisture, you can use a hair mask once per week. This will help to restore moisture as well as the nutrients your hair needs to recover from the sun. It will also help to prevent future damage.
2. Drink Lots of Fluids – Staying hydrated is an important element in protecting your hair from the sun. If your body is dried out to begin with, your hair will already be in trouble when the sun starts to beat down on it. If you are always on the go, keep a refillable water bottle with you.
3. Try an Overnight Hair Treatment – Overnight treatments involve a leave-in conditioner. Many of these products encourage you to wrap your head in a towel when you lay down for bed. Just remember that cotton can absorb moisture and dry your hair out, working directly against your leave-in treatment.
4. Find a Leave-In Conditioner with UV Protection – This can give your hair extra protection while you are out and about for the day, especially when you are in situations where you cannot wear other forms of sun protection.
5. Wear Sun Protection – The best way to keep the sun from damaging your hair is to make sure your hair doesn’t even come into contact with the sun in the first place. Satin-lined hats, caps, and beanies from SatinSmart are the sexy way to protect your hair. And since satin won’t mess up your hairdo or get caught in your hair, you take the hat off once you get indoors without worrying about hat head.
By following these tips, you can limit and even reverse hair damage due to the sun. To learn more about how our satin-lined hats for men and women can help, read more on our website. Feel free to follow us on social media and ask us any questions you may have via our Twitter account.
5 Benefits of Satin-Lined Hats for Your Hair
SatinSmart is proud to produce satin-lined hats for both women and men. Sure, our beanies and embroidered hats are sexy, but why the satin lining? We’re going to give you 5 reasons your natural hair wants you to wear satin-lined hats:
1. Keep Hair Healthier – You will reduce split ends and protect your hair from drying out. This is because satin is a smoothly woven fabric, so it won't dry out your hair, unlike materials such as cotton which absorb your hair’s moisture.
2. Fight the Frizz – If you are tired of frizzy hair, satin can help your hair maintain its natural shape rather than going crazy.
3. No Snags – Don’t you hate it when your hair gets caught in your hat while taking it off? Not only does it leave your hair a mess, but it can also hurt. Satin won’t pull or tug at your hair, so it will look just as good when you take your hat off as it did when you put it on, and there won’t be any pain either.
4. Promotes Growth – Healthier hair grows faster. As the satin material helps to keep your hair moist, you avoid split ends that can stunt the growth of your hair.
5. Comfort – Let’s face it, a lot of what we do in the name of fashion is uncomfortable. So when you find something that looks cool but also feels good, you should go for it. Satin-lined hats allow you to show off a great style without having to fight against hat-head, damaging your hair, or getting your hair into painful knots.
These are just 5 of the many benefits that come from wearing hats lined with satin. To learn more, follow us on social media, and feel free to get a dialogue going. We look forward to hearing from you!